Newbie from Harrisburg, PA USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javan

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. This is my 1st post here.

Not new to homebrewing, but have not made a batch in about 13 years!

Made my first batch back in 1991, then started to do about 5-6 a year until 2002, then nothing until 2005 when I moved to Northern NY.

I initially started this hobby due to two factors I encountered when I moved to Northern PA from Western NY back in 1990:
1. Poor beer selection at local distributor
2. Insane beer prices (compared to NY)

In 2004 I relocated to Northern NY and mostly stopped brewing due to better selections and lower prices. Now, I have lived in the Harrisburg area since summer of 2015 and I am embarrassed when I think of how much money I have spent on beer. Granted, the selections have never been greater, but the prices are insane.

I am hoping in the near future to dust off my equipment and see what I can brew!

Welcome Javan.
Dust that equipment!
As you get going, I'm curious what you perceive as different after 13 years of increased demand and new brewing gadgetry.
Make a brew and post back!

Welcome back! I grew up close to Harrisburg in Camp Hill until I relocated for my job. Check out Scotzin Brothers HB Supply in Lemoyne, PA not too far from you. Great people and a huge selection.

Back