Newbie alert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bates

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm Bates, 29 and a rugby and cider pundit.
I've bene drinking cider for many years ow and only a couple days ago I got the idea of trying to brew some myself.

Hailing from Belgium there is not that much out on our strong beer market.

The most frequent ones you can get are Bulmers, Somersby, Magners, Savannah dry.

My intention is to try to brew a decent cider and if that turns out well I would like to try a dry cider.

So far, the last couple of days I did some market research. And it paid off. An uncle of a friend of mine sells organic apple and pear juice. Not the over sugared sweet stuff but the real deal. Well balanced between sweet and sour.

My idea is to use their use for the first batch as it will allow me to have a consistent taste. Selecting my own apples will be the mission for the second batch.

I also got an industrial bucket + lit from my bakery which I would like to use for the fermentation process. Do you think this is a good idea.

All tips, advice are more then welcome.

Cheers and have a good one.

I have several buckets from my local bakery. I don't use them for fermenters, but I don't see any reason that you couldn't...at least you know that they're food grade! There's a whole board dedicated just to cider. Make sure you head over and check it out.

Latest posts

Back