Newbie advice welcome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gareth Collier

Reaction score
Good evening chaps & girls quick question I have bought a 19l keg kit with co2 and tap dispenser. I have a home brew cider and beer pack. I would like to dispense this through my tap though co2 with keg in a fridge I am building. The question I would like to ask do I brew the cider/ beer as normal and sython in to keg and dispense with co2 though tap. With having co2 dispensing is there a different way I must brew or do I just do as normal and sython hence using co2 bottle. All advice much welcome

Yes when your beer is done siphon to the keg from the fermenter ( closed transfer ) if able to. After you clean your keg fill with water and starsan until the bubbles come out the top. Put the lid on . Connect to co2 and push the starsan out . This results in an O2 free keg to transfer your beer or cider into. You can either force carb your beer by setting psi to 30 for 36 hours then 12 psi for 36 hours then your set . This is if you fridge is set to 38 degrees. Or you can just set your psi to 12 and wait a week or so .

Thanks have a fridge the keg is going to be in with a tap I was just unsure if I had to brew the cider/in a different way but will leave at 12psi for a week after I sython beer in to keg then all set thanks

Back