Newb here from SoCal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeSparrow

Reaction score
Hello all, the names jake. I'm from Southern California, and I've been wanting to become a home brewer for a couple years now. I have a couple books and have read a few online blogs but never joined a forum. I want to learn and read more before I take the leap and buy an equipment kit from my local emporium.

Anyways I am glad I be here and look forward to learning and meeting everyone on here!

My Local home brew shop is morebeer in riverside, they do beer brewing demos a few times a month. There are also many homebrew clubs that are good sources of information as well. I say dive right in as soon as you can, the best way to learn is doing it. Good luck.

Ah right on I'm a bit south from riverside. I was thinking checking out homebrew clubs would be a good idea too, plus there's a few local breweries by me, one called Craft Brewery and there's Black Market. I agree, best way to learn is hands on, I'm probably gonna buy my equipment one piece by one while I'm reading up on everything.

There is also homebrew emporium in murrietta. Inland empire brewers is one of the local clubs that meets in riverside area http://inlandempirebrewers.com/ . Morebeer offers discounts in store for homebrew clubs and a few other organizations. Feel free to PM me if you have some questions.

Just remember that you can start out a lot cheper than you may think. There are a lot of cool stainless toys, but you can start of cheap to see if you enjoy the hobby. Craigslist is a good place for used equipment if you are patient.

Thanks for the tips! Homebrew Emporium is actually the store I was planning on going to, after browsing their website. I might just have to check out Craigslist too, thanks for that heads up :)

Back