Newb from Denham Springs, LA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonInBTR

Reaction score
Been lurking for some time....just stopping in to say hey. Have two brews (Wit and a Bass Clone) under my belt. The wit was an extract with steeped specialty grains and the Bass was a partial mash. The Wit turned out awesome and the Bass is going to be bottled this weekend. Going to brew a Racer 5 IPA clone this weekend....woot!

Already stockpiling hardware for AG. This could get addictive :mug:

Jason

Greetings from just down the I-12... Welcome aboard!

Addictive? Only if you believe all that hoopla about about extract use being a gateway to all-grain!

I hear ya. Doing my 3rd extract/partial and it is looking to be my last. There are already a ton of to-do/to-gets on my list. Luckily the wife is digging this hobby and is lobbying for a kegerator. My only job will be to keep the liquid gold flowing :)

Is this a pretty comprehensive list of LHBS in our area?

RedStick Brewing - Jones Creek, Baton Rouge - Jesse got me start on all this
Homebrew Shop - Florida Blvd, Denham Springs - Nice little shop for hardware
Brewstock - Dryades Street, New Orleans - Haven't been but Aaron has a nice webstore
Marcello's - Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge - Excellent beer/wine selection and a little bit of brewing gear and ingredients

I have also, of course, ordered some stuff from AHS. Quick shipping from Austin.

You guys have a good new years!

Jason

Is this a pretty comprehensive list of LHBS in our area?

RedStick Brewing - Jones Creek, Baton Rouge - Jesse got me start on all this
Homebrew Shop - Florida Blvd, Denham Springs - Nice little shop for hardware
Brewstock - Dryades Street, New Orleans - Haven't been but Aaron has a nice webstore
Marcello's - Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge - Excellent beer/wine selection and a little bit of brewing gear and ingredients

I have also, of course, ordered some stuff from AHS. Quick shipping from Austin.

You guys have a good new years!

Jason

Looks like a comprehensive list, as far as I know... I've been doing all my shopping online because I'm usually too lazy to drive across the lake. I wish there were a LHBS here on the Northshore. I didn't realize that Brewstock had a webstore... I'll have to check it out so maybe I can give a local guy some business.

Happy New Year backatcha!

Back