New Zealand IPA Hops Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudeboy

Reaction score
I just got 60 g of Nelson Sauvin, Moetuka and Green Bullet. I want to make a IPA that showcases them.

I was thinking 28 g of Green Bullet @ 60 minutes. 28 g of Motueka @ 10 minutes. 28 g of Nelson Sauvin @ 5 minutes. 28 g of Motueka @ 0 minutes. Then 14 g each of Nelson Sauvin and Green Bullet in dry hop.

How does that sound? Do these hops play nice together? Will Green Bullet work as a dry hop?

Thanks

Rudeboy

I just got 60 g of Nelson Sauvin, Moetuka and Green Bullet. I want to make a IPA that showcases them.

I was thinking 28 g of Green Bullet @ 60 minutes. 28 g of Motueka @ 10 minutes. 28 g of Nelson Sauvin @ 5 minutes. 28 g of Motueka @ 0 minutes. Then 14 g each of Nelson Sauvin and Green Bullet in dry hop.

How does that sound? Do these hops play nice together? Will Green Bullet work as a dry hop?

Thanks

Rudeboy

Nope.
GB is bittering only IMO.
NEED MORE HOPS TOO.

I only have experience with Motueka, but I can definitely see it making a very good IPA along with some similarly-quirky hops.

I wouldn't use dry-hopping with these, though -- I agree, toss as much into the bittering phase of the boil as possible. That will give it that strong IPA flavor.

Latest posts

Back