New to the Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karpool

Reaction score
Hi.

I just started brewing on a Brewzilla about a month ago. I have brown ale bottles and ready to drink this weekend, a bohemian Pilsner in the freezer for another 4 weeks and a chocolate vanilla cream stout ready for bottles next week. I’m planning to make some SMaSH brews next to start getting a better idea of what I like. I’ve got a bag of Vienna and a bag of maris otter waiting for me!

i was being snarky, i'm pretty sure @Karpool was the one joking! ;) lol
I wasn’t joking. I asked my local brew shop for some recipes and he gave me this Pilsner. I wasn’t ready for that but, I wanted to get started. Seriously, I had a digital meat thermometer wrapped around the carboy and at least twice a day I would have to switch on the freezer. The tricky part was remembering to turn it off.

on the bright side, I got my thermometer back just as the weather started warming up for smoking some ribs!

so in time for the brown ale?
Officially it’s Sunday. I tried one 4 days after bottling. It was much better yesterday...as you can see, I don’t have much patience. I’m going to start using Kveik because of this.

Back