New to the forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OleBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all glad to be a new member. Working my way towards all grain brewing equipment by end of summer but currently need to bottle have 180 gallons of hard cider to bottle; hopefully soon if it ever gets above 40 degrees.

Also should say it is a 2 man operation. So it may be a 10 hour bottling day. But in the end when you are drinking a 35 cent hard cider the man hours goes out the window.

Bottling day 2012. Hopefully the pic is there.

P1010353.jpg

That's a whole mess of cider!!

Cultivated store bought yeast or wild?

I'd also like to see that DIY press!

EDIT: Nice beards!

That's a whole mess of cider!!

Cultivated store bought yeast or wild?

I'd also like to see that DIY press!

EDIT: Nice beards!

bringing up old thread but remembered i never did post the pic of the press. we have been naturally fermenting the pressed apples. for this to happen it is best for a large fermentation as if you split the presses up into carboys you will get some active and some not so very active yeast strains.

Oh when the press is fully loaded it is about a 30 to 35 gallon press. we start off with a scissor jack then use the 20 ton jack to finish it off. we chain sawed the timber from a taken down cotton wood. The grates in between the cheeses are also hand made with a table saw. we figured around 200 man hours with cutting and sanding. My buddy (shown in the pic also made an apple grinder, it is made out of a home made wood drum with ss screws as the teeth. works great.

sorry no diy for this thread just the concept as i didn't create a journal of pictures. we worked on the fly and used redneck engineering. there was a few cases of beer if i remember correctly.

P1010357.jpg

Haha, exactly what I thought. Awesome.

Hey @OleBrewing, your bottling guy has two hands, right? You need to go double-barrel on the bottling:

we have been using the 1/2" bottle filler. with that much weight it shoots out fast and before you know you have over filled. I may have to up grade the capper, if you fumble during capping you will get behind. I don't remember BPM (Bottle Per Minute) but it was quite impressive once we got going.

Back