New to southwest Missouri

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateo

Reaction score
Not new to HBT, but new to Missouri. I can see the Bennett Spring State Park out my window. Thought I'd shout out to the other southwest Missouri brewers.

Any advice for homebrew shops? Looks like the closest one is in Ozark.

Any other advice on places to eat/stuff to do around Lebanon, Buffalo, and Springfield?

A few brew pubs and brew-restraunts in springfield. Of course you know bass pro headquarters is there as well. Springfield is a pretty cool town. Tons to do there. You are about 3 hours south drive time from KC and about the same from St Louis so you are close to a lot of sporting teams as well as st louis having an amazing zoo. My wifes grandmother lives about 2 miles from Bennett Springs so we make it down there from time to time. If you are a fisherman, I suggest waiting till trout season closes to fish much, its catch and release only but dang there are way less people!
Enjoy! Pretty country down there
Jeremy

Oh and I almost forgot. Get a buddy and go float the Niangua river all day on saturday. If you are into partying, do it in a canoe! Tons of fun and pretty cheap. Great way to burn a saturday and sometimes the scenery is nice!

Oh and I almost forgot. Get a buddy and go float the Niangua river all day on saturday. If you are into partying, do it in a canoe! Tons of fun and pretty cheap. Great way to burn a saturday and sometimes the scenery is nice!

This. We used to float down there a lot.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I've been swamped with work (campground/tackle store) so I doubt I'll have a Saturday off anytime soon. We might try floating on a weekday. I've had exactly one day off the last 6 weeks so the float trip might be pushed later in the year.

Does anyone know of any homebrew clubs in the area? Maybe in Springfield? I've been googling around but I haven't come up with much.

Back