New (to me) keggle issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nettekdl

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a quick question hopefully someone can help me with. I recently acquired some new to me keggles, both of which have a very jerry rigged copper and brass bulkhead set up that I want to do away with as they are corroding and leak like crazy. This is where the question comes in, I ordered new stainless bulkheads from bargainfittings but when I went to install them I realized the hole he punched was 1-1/8" while all bulkheads i can find are only 7/8". Does anyone know of anywhere that sells a 1/2" npt, preferably weldless, bulkhead that will work here? Or have any idea how to make the ones I have work? Thanks for any input :mug:

Thanks, I will look into those, they all appear to be too small but worth a shot. On another note, with some parts I had laying around I got it very close to sealed up, is it food safe to use silicone caulk on the outside of the bulkhead?

Back