New to Kegging, pressure dropping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uatuba

Reaction score
Hello all...I've just started kegging, and I want to use the set and forget method. My refrigerator is 42 degrees, so the chart tells me I need to set my pressure at roughly 14.5 PSI to get 2.6 volumes. Each day I check it, and the pressure has dropped a couple PSI. Is this normal? Part of me says yes because it indicates that the CO2 is being absorbed, but the other part of me says no because this is a regulator and it should maintain a constant pressure regardless of the amount of absorption,

So...help. I've never messed with CO2 other than when I built t-shirt and confetti cannons, but they didn't have to stay pressurized over an extended period.

Are you leaving the CO2 bottle turned on? It should hold the pressure set on the regulator as long as the bottle is turned on. sometimes the pressure on the regulator creeps a little one way or the other but not usually enough to make a drastic difference. If youre not leaving the CO2 bottle turned on yes the pressure drop is normal as the beer absorbs the CO2.

I think youre ok but am no expert by far.

Tank is in fridge and turned on...I have adjusted upward twice in two days.

Latest posts

Back