New to Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lille Brygger

Reaction score
Hello, All.

I just started getting into (very, very) small batch brewing. I've brewed and bottled one gallon of mead, have a two-week old braggot in a one-gallon carboy, and just started a mugwort beer, yesterday. I am really interested in older styles of brews and brewing. I just picked up a fascinating (just published) book by Lars Marius Garshol called Historical Brewing Techniques: The Lost Art of Farmhouse Brewing.

A question--in the mugwort beer I started yesterday, I used Nottingham yeast (with a Pilsen light dried malt extract). I'm used to seeing other yeasts take right off but this Nottingham yeast isn't doing much, yet, after 24 hours (at 68-72 degrees F). Is that unusual?

Thanks!

The Lost Art of Farmhouse Brewing.

Welcome! and i know my farmhouse brewing!! if you got a water trough for your horse, i'll help you malt some barley!!! other then that i really don't know what i'm doing....but dam'it it's alcoholic!

Welcome Again Fellow, FarmHouse brewer!! :mug:

Back