New SS BrewBucket came today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhart94949

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So excited! Going to have to brew soon! Any input on a recipe for my virgin fermenter? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390243970.016804.jpg

Congrats! I love mine. Just be VERY careful inserting and removing the airlock stopper. It looks like you have the silicone one and if you turn it at all of jam it too hard it will get sliced up. Mine is. I stupidly tried to fit my airlock while it was already on the lid and the turning motion sliced it. You can get replacements at LHBS but they won't have silicone ones which looks really nice with it.

And give it a good BKF cleaning to remove all the grime and oil from machining.

Try making a good IPA on it!

It's nothing a little JB weld wouldn't fix but when you drop $175 in a 7 gallon fermenter and it took 2 months to get one I think they should be tested prior to being shipped.

Yeah, I would be sending it back. Pitted stainless (to the point of leaking in your case), be it in the sheet metal or the welds, is no better that scratched buckets in my opinion. At $175, that is unacceptable. I hope you choose to contact the vendor and have them make things right instead of jbwelding it.

Yeah, I would be sending it back. Pitted stainless (to the point of leaking in your case), be it in the sheet metal or the welds, is no better that scratched buckets in my opinion. At $175, that is unacceptable. I hope you choose to contact the vendor and have them make things right instead of jbwelding it.

Ohh yeah I am not JB Welding! If it was something I picked up on eBay or something but I already email the vendor and sent a video.....no reply yet.

Well I received a reply from SS BrewTech and am pleasantly surprised that they are sending me a new bucket tomorrow, and giving me $25 back and an additional $25 credit. Nice that they stand behind their product. They stated out of thousands of buckets this is the first one that has had this issue....

If they did all that AND let you keep the defective one... They definitely will go down as the best customer service I've ever heard of.

Back