New schwag, first installment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
Last week SWMBO and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. I bought her something appropriate for the occasion and she 'authorized' $500 for me to spend on any purchase of my choice. Being as obsessed as the rest of you freaks, I immediately went to Austin Homebrew Supply's website. Forrest has treated me very well in the past so I gave him first shot at my business.

Today the first of two packages arrived. The interesting part of this purchase is that AHS sent me a KAB4. The KAB4 was discontinued some time ago. It came with a 30 psi regulator. I bought a KAB5 a little while ago and it only has a 20 psi regulator. I'm not sure what the new KAB6 has, but I believe it's the 20 psi. So for any of you who want the KAB4, it appears that AHS has them. Maybe Forrest can chime in and let us know how many of these he has in stock.

So I'm waiting on my other package. Let's suppose that the Banjo and the 19" drip tray are slightly less than my $500 (That's Canadian. It's about $400 US and I have to pay full shipping to Canada) I've got a little more coming. What would you buy with a $400 green card from AHS?

I'll post the pic of the rest when it comes.

DSCN0120.JPG

Congrats on the Anniversary! :rockin:

If you gave me $400, I'd buy a pile of Marris Otter, Centennial Hops, and probably 4 more kegs (can you really have enough?).

Very nice indeed Mr. Fingers. How's the piano been treating you? :mug:

Congrats on the Anniversary! :rockin:

If you gave me $400, I'd buy a pile of Marris Otter, Centennial Hops, and probably 4 more kegs (can you really have enough?).

Very nice indeed Mr. Fingers. How's the piano been treating you? :mug:

Thank you very much, eschatz. It was her one innocent comment that set me on the road to brewing. She's definitely a keeper.

The piano? Are you talking about the one I play or the one I'm turning into a bar? The next installment from AHS has something in it that will enable me to finish builing the 'piano bar'.

Here's the balance of my order. I pretty much got raped at the border, but that's the way it goes when you cross the great divide.

So you can see some 4" shanks in there. When I bought my taps I bought 2" shanks thinking that they would be adequate for my tower. It turned out they were just a little shy. I think I may wind up modifying my tower so I can use the old shanks, but in the interim this is what I need to get my taps working. The pump is project for later in the summer.

I was a little disappointed in the GFCI. I was thinking it would be part of the actual power cord. I want to wire in an on/off switch that can be mounted on the brew sculpture. Sure, I can wire it up anyway, but it won't be as elegant as the inline protector.

AHS_schwag.JPG

Latest posts

Back