New Rig is almost ready

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlopbukitBrewery

BREW, FERMENT, DRINK , REPEAT
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I should have the electrics completed by the end of the week. I cant wait to take her for a spin. I just had to share my excitement:ban::ban::ban:
20190107_120432.jpg

Beautiful!!! I can't wait to build something like this one day. Money and space are my enemy.

It is propane. I will have a pid loop control for the mash and HLT (to be installed this week). Pumps will be on switches. Burners are electronic ignition.

Looks nice, I built mine 2 years ago. 120v RIMS with propane for the boil. Right now I'm upgrading to a 220v full electric basement setup. I'll post pictures when complete.
FB_IMG_1546556624830.jpeg
FB_IMG_1546556697518.jpeg

Im sure it works just fine. Your system is sorta rare is why i asked. Seems like when homebrewers move to some or a lot of automation it's almost always electric.

Im sure it works just fine. Your system is sorta rare is why i asked. Seems like when homebrewers move to some or a lot of automation it's almost always electric.
Brew stands are like a piece of fine art, no two are ever exactly alike. I built my rims system to run on 120v and it maintains mash temperature no problem. The extra burner is to help give the water that extra boost to get up to temp.

Brew stands are like a piece of fine art, no two are ever exactly alike. I built my rims system to run on 120v and it maintains mash temperature no problem. The extra burner is to help give the water that extra boost to get up to temp.
I am a industrial hvac mechanic. The space is properly ventilated and gas, temp control is kinda my day to day. Who knows, I may opt for electric one day

Tested electric controls + ignition today... pid control not reading temp properly. I will update with pics tomorrow after testing gas side and hooking up hoses. Hoping for a water trial .

Very nice--that looks great. I built something similar using strut and natural gas burners but not nearly as elaborate as yours. Are the black cylindrical objects on your pilot light gas lines the electronic ignition controls? Can I ask what type you used and if they work for NG as well as propane? I'm thinking of adding something like them to my system.

Very nice--that looks great. I built something similar using strut and natural gas burners but not nearly as elaborate as yours. Are the black cylindrical objects on your pilot light gas lines the electronic ignition controls? Can I ask what type you used and if they work for NG as well as propane? I'm thinking of adding something like them to my system.
The black objects are solenoids for pilot gas and main. I am using honeywell S8610U ignition boards. Natural gas / propane conversion should be a simple oriface change at the burner and spring change in the 1 regulating valve I am using on the mash for better control

Back