New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jovaru raw ale w/ Sorachi Ace

UKD0lXN.jpg

IMG_20190903_163818_891.jpg

My High Rocks Honey Amber Ale.

A simple recipe with base malt, 8oz Gambrinus honey malt, 8oz Crystal 60, and 2oz Cascade hops (1oz 60min boil, 1oz for 10min @ 160F). I was going for a balance between the sweetness of the malts and the grapefruit of the Cascade. On initial tasting it had too much grapefruit for my liking, but after another couple of weeks it settled into just the right balance. I got a lot of good comments on this one.

It's sitting on a sculptural piece I'm building for a local hot glass artist. It's round, 5ft diameter. The back of each area (bottom in this photo) will be filled with a piece of custom opaque glass of various colors.

First taste beers from last two batches.

Red Rye Wheat Ale
Sour-sweet soft taste. An unusual but enjoyable beer.

rye.jpg

Piwo Grodziskie
Soft neutral smoky beer. The color is a bit darker because I used pale malt instead of pilsner, and it is a bit stronger than style (4.5% ABV). I never drank any other beer of this style, but tried to keep to the rules. Something pretty unusual, but delicious.

piwo.jpg

Years ago Samuel Adams made a beer called Hopscape, it was a west coast style wheat ale that i couldn't get enough of. This is my clone version as close to it as I ever got.
Pillowy wheat Malt flavors with subtle sweetness accented by pine citrus hoop flavor and aromas with a crisp finish.
20191002_195802.jpeg
20170616_155711.jpeg

Berliner Weisse.
First try. Sour only with acidulated malt. It tastes very similar in style, but less sour.

weisse.jpg

Umeboshi solera gose: I took 3 gallons of my first batch of golden sour from my solera project and rested it for a month on a pound of lacto-fermented plums (using the Noma method).

8SHZDQL.jpg

GSRMEyR.jpg

TztKjbM.jpg

Latest posts

Back