New old stock Cornelius Secondary Regulators 15.00 each

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerfly

Reaction score
Found these new Cornelius brand secondary regulators for 15 dollars each on Fleabag. Keep in mind they are right hand thread so if you are adding to an existing lefty you will need the adapter Midwest sells for under a buck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/C02-Gas-Pressure-Regulator/254187461755?hash=item3b2ec0dc7b:g:JRAAAOSwwnVc
s-l1600.jpg
5F~m

I'm somewhat new to kegging and entirely new to running two carb levels from one co2 tank.
Would I be able to use this as the first (and higher PSI) output from my tank and then run a connection to my other regulator to run a lower PSI?

Does that mean yes? haha
I already have a Taprite dual-gauge regulator. I was thinking of connecting this to it to serve each keg separately....

You are mixing/confusing things. The Taprite dual-gauge regulator is for controlling the CO2 pressure from the tank and estimating how much CO2 is left.

The regulator shown in the posted picture is for controlling the pressure to the keg.

If only 1 tank, then the Taprite dual-gaure regulator itself is OK to use. More than 1 keg we need a way to control the CO2 going to the kegs. This isn't possible unless all kegs need the same levels of CO2. Usually not the case as 1 keg is already tapped and serving, another keg is carbonating, etc.

My Taprite both shows how much CO2 is left and controls the PSI to the keg (actually, 2 kegs because it has a Y-connection).

If the regulator shown also controls the pressure to the keg, how would I go about using it with my current set-up to hook up 2 kegs at 2 different PSIs? I was thinking I may be able to just connect one regulator to another, with the first regulator pushing out higher PSI and the one farther from the CO2 tank dialed back a bit to push out lower PSI. Is this wrong?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, I'm new to this.

Ah, I see the photo. I currently just go straight from my dual gauge regulator to both kegs using a Y-connection, no use of secondary regulators. Seems like what I'm trying to do is possible, though?

My Taprite both shows how much CO2 is left and controls the PSI to the keg (actually, 2 kegs because it has a Y-connection).

If the regulator shown also controls the pressure to the keg, how would I go about using it with my current set-up to hook up 2 kegs at 2 different PSIs? I was thinking I may be able to just connect one regulator to another, with the first regulator pushing out higher PSI and the one farther from the CO2 tank dialed back a bit to push out lower PSI. Is this wrong?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, I'm new to this.

The screw in the middle of the original post (post #1) is how to control the psi.

Can't have 2 different psi with 1 regulator.

Last edited:
Ah, I see the photo. I currently just go straight from my dual gauge regulator to both kegs using a Y-connection, no use of secondary regulators. Seems like what I'm trying to do is possible, though?

This is only good IF both kegs need the same psi. As I previously wrote, this normally isn't the case. For example, 1 keg is carbonating at, just as an example, 12 psi. The other keg is already carbonated. We don't need 12 psi on the already carbonated keg to push out the beer. If we use 12 psi on the already carbonated keg we might get a glass of foam.

I appreciate you trying to help.

I know that I can't get 2 different PSI with one regulator. That's what I'm trying to solve for by getting a second regulator.

What am I missing here? Can I not have keg #1 hooked directly up to the primary regulator (which is on my CO2 tank) and another regulator (also connected to the primary regulator) that is pushing out a lower PSI to keg #2?

Ah. I'm assuming that I can't remove the CO2 tank pressure gauge from the side of the primary regulator and attach it to the side of the secondary regulator, because by the point the gas reaches it, it will already be "regulated" and not give a good reading?

Ah. I'm assuming that I can't remove the CO2 tank pressure gauge from the side of the primary regulator and attach it to the side of the secondary regulator, because by the point the gas reaches it, it will already be "regulated" and not give a good reading?

That's correct. However, if you can do without the CO2 remaining gauge, use the secondary regulator, as desired, instead.

Back