new old guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Good morning from New Mexico. Looking forward to checking out these forums. I have been brewing for 25 years, all-graining since the third batch. I am a certified judge, co-founder of a micro, winner of two GABF medals and a stainless addict. My home rig includes a steam fired 60 gallon HLT and 40 gallon kettle/mash heater, a 35 gallon tilting mash/lauter tun/whirlpool, a 2 stage ss plate heat exchanger, hop back/filter, glycol chiller, in-line oxygen, 2 internally cooled 25 gallon ss conical fermenters, 2 beer engines/hand pumps, a 4 tap tower and too much other crap to mention. If you haven't guest, I have a thing about gear.

I have posted some pics below for your enjoyment.

BreweryRig3.jpg

GrainDump.jpg

Fermenters4.jpg

So, you occasionally dabble in brewing then?;)

I shall look forward to your many future posts in the Equipment forum.:D Did you fabricate all of that yourself, or was some of it bought in?

Welcome to the forums brewpastor...good to have you aboard.

Holy Fermentation, Brewpastor <crawling into my 7 gallon plastic bucket to hide> that is (gulp) an adequate setup!

Welcome aboard!

Do you have any pics of Igor or the monster you built out of old body parts? That looks like Frankenstein's laboratory.

-walker

Welcome on brewpastor. One word: Wow! :tank:

Someday you'll have to let us know what your total investment has been if you have an idea... Big home batches, are you brewing for the congregation? ;). Look forward to your contributions. Like Loop said feeling like a newb again...

I'm only posting this to use the new smiley's! :rockin:

:tank::fro:

But seriously, how long has it taken you put all that gear together Brewpastor? The whole 25 years?

My equipment has always been a work in process, but this set-up started about 1 1/2 ago when I got the kettles off ebay and moved into a new house. All I can say is I'm lucky to have an understanding wife!

Brewpastor said:
As long as you can hold a bottle...:drunk:

But you still look to small to pull the pints when you fit the pumps....;)

Welcome aboard Brewpastor! Fantastic Set Up - I also salute Mrs. Brewpastor for letting you get away with it!!!!!:D

Wow! That is one serious setup! Like the others said I look forward to learning from your experience. Welcome!!

WOW! Thats homebrew heaven. I have a new goal in life, to acquire as many brewing gadgets as brewpastor.

Brewpastor said:
I have a 1970 Bonneville 650 and so when I found this handle badge I couldn't pass it up. Green King is a British Brewery.

Yeah, I know Greene King is a British brewery...I'm a Brit. They are not my favorite brewery as they are turning into a bit of a greedy corporation, snapping up smaller breweries that own inns and closing those breweries down whilst profiting on the inns (and saturating them with their own brand).

But on a lighter note...I was wondering whether this was a badge for a particular beer, or just a "best and worst" of British emblem? ;)

P.S. Nice bike, have you got a piccy of that too? :cool:

I think I actually gasped when I saw the pics of your system. Total shock and awe.

I'm still relatively new to the whole brewing thing, but I know enough to be completely envious. My wife is tolerant of my new hobby... but not that tolerant.

I think we've had the "bar" set for us, boys and girls. :D

man, nice rig brewpastor and welcome aboard!!! i look forward to your insights and ideas on all thing's homebrew.

how much are you pumping out a year with that bad boy set-up?

need any help at that micro? :~)

DeRoux's Broux said:
man, nice rig brewpastor and welcome aboard!!! i look forward to your insights and ideas on all thing's homebrew.

how much are you pumping out a year with that bad boy set-up?

need any help at that micro? :~)

I don't know how much I crank out. I built this rig so I could brew with friends and still use my own gear. We generally produce about a barrel a a pop, but it depends. I have another 20 gallon steam kettle that I sometimetimes use. The truth be known, I brew a lot more then I drink, my neighbors love me.

Here is a picture of my little kettle, which I also use for decotions when I get anal about it. I have a serious stainless problem.

DecoctionCerealCooker.jpg

Brewpastor, when you get a chance post up pics of your complete setup in your picture gallery. I've gone back and looked at your pictures so far and it is simply amazing!

BeeGee said:
Also, how do the kettles work? Is there a pressurized steam jacket that surrounds the kettle?

The kettles have jackets and are designed to run steam from a boiler. I run them a bit like a double boiler, only under pressure. They have relief valves, and are heated with monster propane burners.

I think I will start a thread on this set-up. It works great.

Back