New micromatic 304 faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, no clue and no indication on their site about what the hole is for but it has me worried for sanitation.

The hole would be useful for oxygenating cask red wine, I suppose, but it sure seems out of place for any carbonated beverage...

Cheers!

If you'd like to try one, plug the hole all the way through...........Though it would require dis-assembly.

Plug it with RTV and it would be reversible.

I glanced at the link, and didn't notice.........Is a "forward sealing" design, like the Perlick?

447.gif

Same guts as a standard faucet to get all nasty and stuck after three days of not using it. I think the hole allows the beer trapped behind the shuttle to drain out after it is closed, or it could just be a fruit fly portal to heaven

WPStrassburg said:
Same guts as a standard faucet to get all nasty and stuck after three days of not using it. I think the hole allows the beer trapped behind the shuttle to drain out after it is closed, or it could just be a fruit fly portal to heaven

Makes sense to have the beer drain out or aerate a red wine. Looks like I won't be trying these out with the sanitation concerns. Cheers!

Back