Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Tom

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey y'all
Uncle Tom from Tennessee here, been reading some of the threads here and decided to join. I have been distilling for a little over 30 years and consider my self a novice. Everytime I run a batch I learn something new. That's the reason I joined to learn and encourage people that this is an awesome hobby. Merry Christmas to all.

Hey Cuz, welcome. I’m originally from NC. Currently in AK, and heading to TX soon. Gotta love a drop once in a while!

Welcome. I've been brewing for more than 15 years but only distilled once, for the first time, recently. A homebrewer friend and his brother distill and he invited a group of us to make a stout and we all contributed five gallons to the batch. Its a lovely whiskey, with noticeable chocolate notes. I aged my portion on some charred oak spirals.

Welcome. I've been brewing for more than 15 years but only distilled once, for the first time, recently. A homebrewer friend and his brother distill and he invited a group of us to make a stout and we all contributed five gallons to the batch. Its a lovely whiskey, with noticeable chocolate notes. I aged my portion on some charred oak spirals.
Wow that sounds good. I started in beer got frustrated with the yeast being so sensitive haha after wrecking a 15 gal batch I built a copper rig and ran it. It turned out I never looked back I bet your batch with the chocolate notes is awesome. Thanks for the nice welcome.

Back