New Member - Manitowoc, WI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shack01

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
New to the site and, for all practical purposed, new to home brewing...

I actually dabbled in it about 20 years ago, but life happens and I really didn't have the time to brew. Of late, I found myself drinking primarily New Glarus beer - especially their specialty brews. Their beer runs around $1.30 per 12oz standard beer and around $2.00 per 12oz specialty beer. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying good money for good beer but, and more important, their specialty beers are one off! Once they're gone, you'll probably never see them again! Earlier this spring, due to a perceived shortage of New Glarus specialty beer, I tried a Howe Sound Brewery, Fr. John's Winter Ale. (Good Stuff!) THIS beer cost me $10/liter! The cost of GOOD beer, the hit and miss availability of GOOD beer, combined with the ability to make WHAT I want WHEN I want (and of course having more control over my time) convinced me that it was time to get back into home brewing.

WOW! What a difference time makes! 20 years ago, at least where I live, the internet was still scarce. There were a few LHBS around, but the sheer amount of information wasn't as readily available. With that said, I've been lurking around this site for a few months and I've picked up a LOT of good tips, so I decided that I should register. In the coming year, I'm probably going to transition to kegging - more than anything because bottle management is a SERIOUS P.I.T.A - and I'm looking at all the Keezer posts here to gather information and design ideas! (Actually, in order to see full size pictures posted here, you have to register :D )

So, hello to all and thanks for all the good tips so far! :mug:

Latest posts

Back