New Member, Intermediate Level All Grain Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Summerland

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been using the forums for a long time as a lurker since the information found here is indispensable, so I thought it was about time I finally sign up. I have been brewing for about 5 years, and doing all grain brewing for about half that time.

I currently brew 10 gallon batches with a 3 tier brew stand and converted keggles, but I want to move up to 20 gallons because my friends keep drinking all my beer!

I'm from the Bay Area in California, and I am looking to join a local brew club soon because I am really interested in becoming a BJCP judge and competing with my own beers as well. What better place to gain that kind of knowledge than a group of like minded people, and getting to drink beer with them every month to boot!

Thanks for having me!

Shawn

Can't wait to move up to 10 gal. Batches! I'm an oregon brewer and my name is shawn. So I had to chime in. Lol
Welcome!

Glad to have you!

The BJCP judging is a lot of fun, and you'll learn a lot by becoming a judge. I highly recommend doing so, even if just for your own knowledge. It think that it makes anyone a better brewer, just from studying for the requirements.

Welcome to the group, and doing the judge thing is super cool, I am studying up in preparation for some unknown future date. :mug:

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Anybody have recommendations for which brew clubs in the bay area are the best?

Back