new member from so. cal.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstanonis1

Reaction score
just got into brewing a couple weeks ago. just bottled my first batch of pale ale today that was bought as a kit from bass pro shop... couldn't wait for that batch to finish before I bought a 10 gallon kettle and enough equipment to have 3, 5 gallon batches fermenting at the same time... :) the bug hit me hard I guess!

I'm a refrigeration tech that works with chillers for a living. 10 years experience. also picked up electrical, everything from basic household 120 volt to 480 volt industrial and controls. I was a welder for the U.S. navy from 2000- 2004...

I have to admit that I have lot sleep over the last couple of weeks because I can't keep my mind off of brewing... funny but not kidding...

Brewed a 5 gallon batch of pale ale last night and I will be doing a cream ale and brown ale later this week... I've got loads of questions but I'm also looking forward to being involved in the community and helping others in any way I can!

my name is ty...

Hi! Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new to this, too--I just bottled my first batch today. Lots of good info around here.

Greetings from Pasadena! You guys have some really good stuff goin on down in your neck o the desert... Just had the Type 3 from Wiens Brewery and it really left me wanting more....

Good luck on your first batch, you are in good hands here!

Sup brrrooos. Instead of creating a useless thread, I figured I'd recycle this one. No sense in wasting a perfectly good “New Member from So. Cal" header.
Anyway, greetings from The Hermosa Beach of Los Angeles, CA. I work odd hours, so I don't have time to attend proper club meetings and I get about 99.9% of my homebrew information from online sources. So I have made the decision to reach out, and say hello to the humans that have helped me with many a brew over the past year; From extract to all grain BIAB, through IPAs and Wiessbier, California State Homebrew Comp to National Homebrew Comp. The whole time lurking your forums, reading your comments, creeping on your recipes. Thank you for your help and...
Hello.

just got into brewing a couple weeks ago. just bottled my first batch of pale ale today that was bought as a kit from bass pro shop... couldn't wait for that batch to finish before I bought a 10 gallon kettle and enough equipment to have 3, 5 gallon batches fermenting at the same time... :) the bug hit me hard I guess!

I'm a refrigeration tech that works with chillers for a living. 10 years experience. also picked up electrical, everything from basic household 120 volt to 480 volt industrial and controls. I was a welder for the U.S. navy from 2000- 2004...

I have to admit that I have lot sleep over the last couple of weeks because I can't keep my mind off of brewing... funny but not kidding...

Brewed a 5 gallon batch of pale ale last night and I will be doing a cream ale and brown ale later this week... I've got loads of questions but I'm also looking forward to being involved in the community and helping others in any way I can!

my name is ty...

I am right there with you. I have been obsessing about all things brewing the last few month since I got my brewing gear. The idea of taking some stuff that looks like nothing and making delicious beer out of it is SO cool. Welcome welcome! :mug:

Back