New March 815-PL not working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-Hop

Reaction score
So, I'm in the process of building a brewig. Since I started, I've bought & sold a house and had a son & a set of twins. Needless to say, my time has been limited. I'm about 98% finished, and attempted to run it through a test run. I have 2 March 815-PL pumps. One of them does not run. I tried to switch outlets with the other pump, and still nothing. It's a new pump, but I've had it well beyond any return window since it's taken some time for me to build. If I cant get it to run, I'll have to just bite the bullet and buy another one, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone here has had a similar experience, or had some suggestions on fixing it.
Thanks.
Keith

I hate to ask, but you've got them primed right?
Does it do anything? hum? squeak?
They're not terribly complicated equipment. If the motor works, the impeller and internal parts can be easily replaced.

I hate to ask, but you've got them primed right?
Does it do anything? hum? squeak?
They're not terribly complicated equipment. If the motor works, the impeller and internal parts can be easily replaced.

Yes, they were both primed. I mounted them lower than the vessels and fed them from the bottom. I dont hear a hum or anything from it. I originally thought it was a bad outlet on the control panel, but when I switched the pump plugs at the outlets, the other one still worked, and this one did not.

Sorry to hear. If the motor is "trying" but not spinning, the fix is relatively easy.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable with motors might chime in.
You might try the seller, explaining the circumstances they might come through for you.

Are you sure the cord is good and there is a solid connection in the motor housing?

I think I’ll check the connections to the cord this weekend. It came wired from the manufacturer, but hopefully it’s something as simple as that.

I always try to start with the simplest solutions first, and then go to the more complex. Let us know how that goes, and if you need more ideas, we'll try to help you figure things out!

Got to the bottom of the issue. It was a wiring problem. I got it all buttoned up and I’m good to go.
Thanks everyone for your input.

Back