New Keezer - Expanded Metal - Taplister

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_Horn

Reaction score
I rarely post, but should more often as this is a great forum. Anyways, I was in need of more beer storage and dispensing options so I built a keezer out of the biggest chest freezer I could find. It ended up being a bigger project than I expected but with the help of some friends, and lots of blood, sweat and beers we got it done.
I built a frame out of standard framing wood, stained it, then attached reclaimed pallet wood and added expanded metal to the front and sides.
A friend helped me program the small raspberry pi mini computer in the background that runs Kegerface software. I currently have 10 beers on tap but hopefully will install 4 more taps to finish it off soon.
It still needs a few small details but I'll get around to them over time.

Kegerator 001.jpg

Kegerator 003.jpg

Kegerator 002.jpg

Kegerator 004.jpg

Ha! A FART is what you get when you let your friends do the initial programming. The keezer is on a standard analog temp controller but I have an STC-1000 sitting on the shelf waiting to be wired up.
I forget the actual cubic ft. of the freezer but I know it is 65" long x 27" deep. I can definitely hold 13 corny kegs and one 3 gal corny, making 14 taps a possibility.

Should be about 21 cuft. I'm building one right now out of a 24.8 cuft. Go big or go home.

Beaksnbeer very nice setup. Interesting way to do the gas lines too. I'm happy with how it turned out. There are a few little projects left like installing the STC-1000, taps, a few pieces of angle iron to dress it up on the corners, and better moisture control.
Thanks for all the advice and inspiration - really a great forum with helpful info.

Back