New Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prokhor

Reaction score
I need your opinions. I would like to build a keezer out of an upright fridge/freezer. My current Keezer has been re-purposed to be an overflow fridge for the house. I'm wondering can I use an aluminum chiller plate in the freezer or a fridge/freezer and run taps off of it (through the freezer door), with the kegs sitting outside of the fridge?

You....can, but I suspect you'll not have cold beer for very long. Those are, if I'm thinking of the same thing you are, designed to be covered in ice, which will maintain coldness very well. Cold air in the freezer won't be near as effective at cooling the chiller plate.

I think if you put it in water and froze it in the freezer you may have success. But you may end up cracking the aluminum block also. But I think just AIR temps in the freezer you will probably just have 1 MAYBE 2 glasses of cold beer then it would warm up.

Keep us posted. Curious what you end up doing.

Cheers
Jay

What is going to happen to your carbonation levels? If you pressurize the kegs to 12 PSI for 38°F will it be flat after going through the chill plate? Or if you pressurize to 30 psi at room temp, will it be all foam after going through the plate?

Latest posts

Back