New(ish) brewer currently in Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougf

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals,

Guess ill do the introduction thing! I have about 4 batches under my belt, two Mr. Beer's that didnt turn out drinkable, one extract fermented in a Mr. Beer Barrel that didnt turn out good, and a currently cold conditioning Honey Wheat fermented in a bucket.

In the U.S. Army, spent 8 years at Fort Polk, Louisiana and am now at Fort Eustis, Virginia. Everything I do is between deployments (spent 4 years deployed out of my little over 8 years in). Its pretty hard planning brews in between training and deployments. This last batch of Honey Wheat was JUST at the two week carb time before my deployment to Haiti (where im currently at) so I have a nice cold conditioned Wheat waiting for me when I get back.

I cant WAIT to either retire or get out so I can have a STABLE place to work/live for my family, and not have to worry about how much stuff I have because of moving. If I didnt have a weight/space limit when I move here in a year or so I would have tons of fridge/freezer's for fermenting along with a brew shack attached to a garage(hopefully).

Anyway I guess thats it. Seems like a really informative board with tons to read, so that should keep me busy. :mug:

Latest posts

Back