New house with bar - would like to add taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfalor

Reaction score
Hey guys - I just bought a new house with a pretty awesome bar and I'd like to add taps and get setup for kegging. I have NO keg equipment (currently 100% bottler), but have spousal approval to get my bar setup exactly how I want. I need pointers, advice, equipment suggestions, etc, to make this thing awesome! I attached 2 pics of the bar to show what I have to work with. Thanks in advance for helping with my excitement :)

DSC_7031.jpg

DSC_7032.jpg

Is there space in any of the cabinets to fit a mini fridge? Not likely due to the height I assume. There are some really nice bar build threads on here that include this type of setup. If you are comfortable with basic carpentry you can build a chamber in one or more of the cabinets that is insulated and houses your kegs and have some room for bottled stuff as well. Then you could add a draft tower above it.

I'm not really sure - I haven't measured cabinet depth or height. I am very new to this game, but feel like the space has some great potential.

Two options the first is the least cost remove a cabinet and put under counter kegerator cost around $350 any cheap kegerator or even a modified dorm fridge will work. The second works if you have storage behind the wall on the bar and that would be get a beverage air bm23 and use air cooled to run lines to the wall cost around 1500

Thanks goofy - the wall below the cabinets has a full unfinished storage room behind it, so putting something there would be feasible (that's actually where I was planning on fermenting). I don't know if I clarified how much of a novice I am - I have NO clue what parts I'd even begin to buy (hoses, couplers, tanks, etc). Is there a starter kit or something that would help? Thanks so much! Installing several taps on that wall could be a neat setup. I am SUPPOSED to keep my budget at 1k... At least I can do 1k without additional spousal approval.

Thanks goofy - the wall below the cabinets has a full unfinished storage room behind it, so putting something there would be feasible (that's actually where I was planning on fermenting). I don't know if I clarified how much of a novice I am - I have NO clue what parts I'd even begin to buy (hoses, couplers, tanks, etc). Is there a starter kit or something that would help? Thanks so much! Installing several taps on that wall could be a neat setup. I am SUPPOSED to keep my budget at 1k... At least I can do 1k without additional spousal approval.

Ok so if you can put the kegerator right up next to the back wall u can do it for under 1k. If your a DIY type person u can end up with a better setup. First Get a Fridge or freezer (if u use a freezer you will need a temp control http://amzn.com/B0002EAL58)
Then you will want to get a convert kit (you will need to add to it depending on how many kegs you want to have on tap) you can find a kit that will have a co2 tank regulator, tap, and shank use that and when you go from the fridge or freezer to the tap make sure it's not more then a foot or so and that it's well insulated or you will have alot of foam

Back