New hop yard!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeFalco

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to hops all together! I was looking just for a few plants to start home brewing for my wife who is gluten free... When I could across a deal an older fellow willing to work with me... He has150 approximate hop plants three varieties Cascade, Centennial, and Williamette the Barry between year 2 and 3. I am located in Northwest Ohio. Looking for suggestions on how to plant my field planning on growth for more varieties and and an acre. As I will be transplanting here I am assuming the next two weeks or so!

If you are thinking of going to a full acre, lay out how you want your trellis to be at an acre on paper, and then build what you can right now. Get each variety in its own row so you aren't trying to move full crowns in the future.

Here are some pics of his set up and oast what do you think is a fair price for all? He wants to sell as a package deal!

IMG_9220.jpg

IMG_9209.jpg

IMG_9218.jpg

IMG_9223.jpg

IMG_9224.jpg

Latest posts

Back