New homebrewer in Montana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should be fond of you. Take away the air base & that leaves them with what?
I think its common. My grandfather said local towns were never fond of the navy bases he was at. But they threw a fit when they closed the bases down (Big Sur for one). I noticed very quickly that within great falls, nobody cares when they see someone in uniform or an AF truck. But I only have to go as far as Belt and almost everyone I pass on the road waves.

And thanks for the recognition. Great Falls isnt too fond of us so its rare to get that around here.

I wouldn't say GF isn't fond of you guys. There is always over exaggerated stories like "jetters" running around with high school girls that get some upset. But rest assured the vast majority of us love you guys and love the military. I know I get a smile whenever I see a hummer or an F16. I even love the nukes being all around. You guys are the reason I can freely brew beer.

I wouldn't say GF isn't fond of you guys. There is always over exaggerated stories like "jetters" running around with high school girls that get some upset. But rest assured the vast majority of us love you guys and love the military. I know I get a smile whenever I see a hummer or an F16. I even love the nukes being all around. You guys are the reason I can freely brew beer.
And on our end we have the stories of jetter-getters that only go after AF guys for the benefits and free ride out. Its always good to hear some thanks though, I am proud to do my part and keep this country safe. And to make sure we can continue to home-brew! :tank:

And on our end we have the stories of jetter-getters that only go after AF guys for the benefits and free ride out.

I don't doubt that. Known a few of those back when I had my TransAm. Damn my mullet and I were cool.

Hi all,
I'm from Helena but I'm stuck living in Missoula for a few more months. What would you folks in Helena think of a brew on site LHBS opening up in Townsend? I'm really considering opening one there and need some input.

Cheers,

Joe Gill
Missoula, MT

I live in Winston, and that would be beyond awesome! Why Townsend and not Helena though? Seems like you'd have a lot better chance of success there.

On a side note, I've been debating buying a 55 gallon barrel to start a sour solera barrel, but don't know enough brewers around here to help me fill it. If anyone is interested please post here

Back