"New" home brewer in Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burninator

Reaction score
Glad to have finally joined the forum after lurking for a while. I first came across HBT while searching for better methods for making apple cider, which I'm still in search of. However, I've recently started to dabble in home brewing.

I've more experience in food fermentation than in making alcohol, using wild yeasts and bacterial cultures, so my approach to beer might be described as a bit haphazard. I have a stock pot, a colander, and a bucket with an airlock. My favorite beer recipe, so far has been:

Grain
Hops
Water

Put this stuff in the pot and cook it. Add yeast.

Seriously, though, I'm down to my last bottle of saison, which was my first brew, and I have a batch of heavily rye'd IPA bubbling away under an end-table in the living room, where the A/C can blow directly across it.

I'm looking forward to tapping into the vast knowledge on this forum, and I hope to be able to share an incidental nugget or two along the way!

Jason

Back