New guy looking for a country style sweet muscadine recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new to wine making. I just picked 13 lbs of muscadines and am looking for a simple, sweet country style recipe. I would like to do it without adding sulfites if possible. I have searched the database but I'm not really getting what I am looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Hi guys, I am new to wine making. I just picked 13 lbs of muscadines and am looking for a simple, sweet country style recipe. I would like to do it without adding sulfites if possible. I have searched the database but I'm not really getting what I am looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Question 1 is why no sulfites? Do you know what sulfites do for winemaking?

You also understand that you will make a dry wine and sweeten it after fermentation. Sulfites and sorbates are necessary for this step.

I guess because I see people making it without it and if I can keep from adding an unnecessary chemical to my wine, I want to do that. If I can't, then that is fine. And yes I understand what they do. I also understand that wine naturally produces sulfites, thus my search for a recipe without added sulfites.

You might try one of these:
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques15.asp
Regards, GF.

Back