New guy, just trying to figure it out if I wanna brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodrigue Planck

Reaction score
on a learning ride here, so just reading to figure it all out!

My only question so far is, how to message people, I have yet to figure it out!

Rodrigue

I think after you've made a few posts here in the forums, itll open up the option of private messaging. I dont think it's that many, maybe 10-25ish. A moderator will be able to answer that one for you.

Going direct with a person to answer your questions is a great idea. Like anything, theres literally multiple ways to do the same thing. You'll find very opinionated people across the spectrum on what is "the way". Research and personal experience are the best way to tackle those responses.

I think after you've made a few posts here in the forums, itll open up the option of private messaging. I dont think it's that many, maybe 10-25ish. A moderator will be able to answer that one for you.

Going direct with a person to answer your questions is a great idea. Like anything, theres literally multiple ways to do the same thing. You'll find very opinionated people across the spectrum on what is "the way". Research and personal experience are the best way to tackle those responses.

I would dispute the idea that getting advice from one person is a great way to go. You don't know the experience of one person. You don't know is that person is set in their ways. There are so many different ways to accomplish the same thing in brewing that getting advice from only one source is just a slice of the pie.

I suggest that you ask your questions on the forum. Read all the answers and if there is one response that is in opposition to most or all of the rest you can more than likely disregard that advice.

Look up videos - YouTube has tons. Again look for consensus. If you see something that is only in one video it is probably something to ignore.

Get a cheap kit. There are one gallon kits that will keep the costs down. See if you like the hobby.

When I started I bought an equipment kit for 5 gallon batches and a couple of extract ingredient kits. Total cost was under $200. Since then I have spent thousands......

Get started - BREW ON!

Welcome to the forum. Brewing can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it. If you have some specific questions, start a new thread in the beginner’s forum. I agree that research here or on YouTube can help. Just remember, like said above, we all have different ways of achieving the same outcome. Some are very similar and others can be quite different.

My only question so far is, how to message people, I have yet to figure it out!
I think you have to make 5-10 posts before you’re allowed to PM (they’re called conversations here). You can do it 2 ways.
1.Click on a member’s username in any thread then click the “start conversation” button.
2. Click the envelope at the top tool bar and select “start a new conversation” (you have to know the member’s username for this one)
100A5FB9-F4CF-4433-8852-C9D49078D9AB.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, from Nebraska! I'm in the same boat as you as far as wanting to know what I'm getting myself into before I commit to anything. But, for very little money you can buy a kit with a carboy, learn the process and whether you love it or hate it you've got 5 gallons of beer waiting for you to help make a decision. Cheers!

I suggest that you ask your questions on the forum. Read all the answers and if there is one response that is in opposition to most or all of the rest you can more than likely disregard that advice.

i take that like you're trying to be like this....

rancher.jpg

and to Rodrigue! Welcome, :mug:

So far so good.

Just hanging in trying to figure out what works for me.

Helps now that I can start a conversation with someone!

Latest posts

Back