New guy in southern Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe13

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there everyone!

I decided to join up and get to reading as my wife purchased me a Mr. Beer homebrew kit for my birthday a couple of days ago. I have been toying with getting into homebrewing as i love beer (don't we all) and love making things from scratch. Here is a little bit about myself.

I am a big car nut. I love anything with a motor and don't leave well enough alone. :D I currently own a 2006 Subaru Forester XT and my project that i am in the middle of, 1992 dodge dakota. Now, cars are a wonderous drain on the bank account, so I was holding off of brewing until i had finished the project. but due to the gift, I plan to dive in and get cracking!

I guess i can give you some beer history as well. I got into microbrews in college. Loved the different flavors and tried all i could. Once i graduated and bought a house i decided to build myself a kegerator. I will post some photos of it in another thread.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and am excited to learn! I plan to brew in the new year my first batch. its going to be an all extract pale ale.

Welcome, Joe. In the beginning brewing subforum, there is a sticky thread on Mr. Beer, I believe - you might want to check it out. Good luck on your first brew!

Welcome, Joe. In the beginning brewing subforum, there is a sticky thread on Mr. Beer, I believe - you might want to check it out. Good luck on your first brew!

Thanks a lot! I will have to check that out. I read the book that came with the kit already. it was very interesting and i plan to read a ton more. There is also a homebrew store near me that does classes on brewing. I'm gonna head to one of those to see it first hand and to talk shop.

yea man show some of the kegerator i am north of u canada new brunswick and i think i been there truck driver here.

GOnna have to go to the seacoast homebrewclub monthly meeting over in portsmouth! its at A&G homebrew supply by the hilton,, the owners a great guy and will support your learning efforts!!!

Back