New Guy From (alcohol-free) country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riyadh

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am so happy to join your amazing forum. Please dont be surprised if you read a word which is absolutely not in the correct context and that because my amazing english which force me to use google translator. Anyway, let me tell you my story. I tried alcohol for the first time when I was 25y. It was an (amazing, great, funny ..etc) thing added to my life. unfortunately, I live in a place, where all forms of alcohol are illegal. Nevertheless, you can buy 1.75 L of high concentrated distilled alcohol for about 53$. Please check the following to know why im forced to make my own alcohol:

http://s.alriyadh.com/2009/07/08/img/1246969040020874000.jpg
http://cdn.sabq.org/files/news-image/148768.png?312410

Anyway, for more than 4 years when I want to drink, I have to travel 450 Km away from my home and wait for about 3 hours on the border. One week ago, I began learning winemaking and start my first batch :D. I read many posts here in this forum and they were so useful. It would be appreciated if you give me advices as a beginner winemaker. Thank you all.

Welcome. I'm not a wine maker myself but a fan of exercising your inherent human freedoms regardless of political realities. Be careful though.

Thank you very much. What kind of alcohol you are interested in?

^Seconded, please be careful. Where are you from?

you are the first number 2 LoooL.I'll be careful, Thanks. I am from Saudi Arabia

Welcome, Riyadh!

I'm more of a beer brewer, though I've made a few simple wines. There are some great recipes on Homebrewtalk for making wines from ordinary store-bought ingredients like juices and ciders. That might be helpful if other wine-making supplies are hard for you to obtain. Edwort's Apfelwein and Yooper's grape juice wine come to mind.

Back