new, from S W NH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metlcutr55

Reaction score

greetings. i am ken corcoran, charlestown nh, returning to brewing after about a 20 yr hiatus. i brewed a little less than 2 yrs, mostly extract, though i did a couple 2 gallon brown ales from grain back then. gave all my gear to a couple friends to use, they brewed likewise for a couple years, then got out. one got back in with his son this year, piqued my interest. i told them after all these years they could consider my gear theirs, but they had a lot of their own and said ken, take your stuff back lets brew! i was suprised to find how much stuff i had, including a 15 gal keggle, a 31 gal homebuilt boil tank (from 16 id stainless tube, we were doing 20 gal extract ales together, man thats a lot of fischer & grolsch bottles to wash!), a big propane burner, and 7 dirty corny kegs one of which still has about 3 gal of 20 yr old raspberry brown ale, and was still holding pressure last time i asked (12-15 yr ago?) will be interesting looking in there for sure. dad gave me his old fridge, so im planning on a couple faucets, likely 1 for session beers, the other for stronger. starting with a couple 7-8 gal tuns, and then maybe look to 2x my capacity if im doing well and having fun. thanks for having me aboard!

Back