New from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanmach

Reaction score
Been at the brewing thing for 20+ years. Extract brewer into kegs. Still learning every time I brew. Today will be a winter warmer. On tap are a Belgium Double and a Honey Oatmeal Stout.

Welcome to the forum! Where in PA are you from? I am from PA and cant wait to move back that way here in a few years...

seckert said:
Welcome to the forum! Where in PA are you from? I am from PA and cant wait to move back that way here in a few years...

Harrisburg area. Home of one of the best LHBS I have ever been to- Scotzin's, est. 1969

Ok I am originally from just East of Pittsburgh, but I didn't brew when I lived there since I left the area about 6 months after I graduated high school and have only gone back to visit. I am looking forward to moving back and getting in the brewing circles up that way.

Harrisburg area. Home of one of the best LHBS I have ever been to- Scotzin's, est. 1969

I work at Keystone Homebrew a little to your east. We distribute some items to Scotzin's. I've heard they are super nice and helpful. Never met them in person. Don't get out that way much...

@Gitmoe- If you get out this way you should stop in at your customer. You are hearing right. Nice knowledgeable people with competative prices to boot. And no, I do not work there.
@mcbaumannerb- try Applachian Brewing Co. in downtown Harrisburg next time you visit Troegs. Neat old wharehouse setting and good beers too. Scratch beers at Troegs are a favorite of mine too.

Thanks - we have an ABC ten minutes from my house (Collegeville.) In fact they are hosting a brewing competition I entered this weekend. I'm just bummed I won't be able to be there when they announce the winners.

Latest posts

Back