New from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cos0

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new member from Chicago.

I have not jumped into homebrewing yet but I am very interested in it.

This year I started to grow hops in my back yard in containers. I currently have two cascade hop rhizomes planted in two separate containers. It has been a week and a half since I planted, the plants have sprouted. I have two bines that are 3+ inches already.

I am a big beer fan(who is not). I attend a lot of cool beer fests and parties. I have plenty of Dark Lord incase anyone would be willing to trade.

:mug:

Hi,

I am new member from Chicago.

I have not jumped into homebrewing yet but I am very interested in it.

This year I started to grow hops in my back yard in containers. I currently have two cascade hop rhizomes planted in two separate containers. It has been a week and a half since I planted, the plants have sprouted. I have two bines that are 3+ inches already.

I am a big beer fan(who is not). I attend a lot of cool beer fests and parties. I have plenty of Dark Lord incase anyone would be willing to trade.

:mug:

Where are you at in the city? I am on the north side and would be more than willing to have you over for a brew day if you are looking for any hands-on experience. It wouldn't cost you more than one of those precious Dark Lords to share :cross:

Kidding, I wouldn't make you share a DL, but I would be happy to have you by if you are interested...

Welcome to the family and I don't say that lightly. One thing I noticed when getting into the home brewing world was how open and helpful everyone was, If you have any questions or concerns just ask.

Oh and also If you learn how to control the addiction of home brewing please let me know as I have yet to figure that out ;)

Welcome, you are not alone. Chicago is a town of home brewing. What part of the jungle are you from?

yeah its easy to start brewing here in Chicago, its so easily accessible there's no reason not to dapple in brewing, or go all out for that fact.
I have even found a group in my home area (although I haven't gotten in contact yet) that has brew meetings and swaps so look in your area for the same.

Welcome to the group, from CO. The forum stickies and the wiki are great, free advice. As lots of questions, this is a super helpful community. I go to Chicago lots for business, great local beers. I am vexed by Goose Island selling to Bud, but they still do make awesome beer.

Back