New Firewall at work is now blocking HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunnright00

Reaction score
Sucks!

Looks like I'll actually have to start working. Right before it's about to get real boring around here too.

:(

or use circumventor lists... it is what all the high schoolers do at school. so they tell me. google search it. You can get on mailing lists for daily updates I think.

unless some tech guy here explains why IT teams know about these.

I'm pretty sure they block proxy sites too.

It sucks. They were using Websense for a while, now they have some new filter and it blocks EVERYTHING!! Even Google Image search!

Paid members get a few more privileges. I'm not asking you to buy a membership, but there are some additional options for site supporters. Sorry, there isn't much HBT can do to unblock itself from the network where you work.

Uhm, thanks? I wasn't asking for help to circumvent my network, just venting on my situation...

I'm pretty sure they block proxy sites too.

It sucks. They were using Websense for a while, now they have some new filter and it blocks EVERYTHING!! Even Google Image search!

Try downloading AOL. I don't mean just the browser but the actualy AOL client, I know it sucks but its better then nothing. You can sign up for a free account and log in through your current connection. This will sometimes completely bypass any and all blocking and tracking that a company might use.

If my boss asks though, I did not tell you this. :D :mug:

in the movie it is the insider's fighting club.

1st rule of fight club: you don't talk about it!
2nd rule of fight club: you don't talk about it!

a damn fine movie with edward norton as well. a must see.

Norton was in that?!?!

ed-norton-honeymooners.jpg

A place where I used to work tried a new firewall to block access to websites. Ended up blocking our company website. I couldn't even access half of the info I needed to do my job.

I worked in customer service, part of my job was to help our customers navigate thru our website. Took me 3 days to convince them I needed this.

Back