New Corona, 1st crush! Can you help evaluate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phreak

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I decided to crush my own grain. After going through the very informative and hilarious "My Ugly Junk" thread, I bought a Corona mill. So before I go ahead and rattle off 10 lbs of grain, I did a test run with a lb of 2-row. Can you guys take a look at my crush and let me know if it looks like I should adjust. Any info is really appreciated. Thanks!

Crush_1.jpg

Crush_2.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. Check through the milled grain. You want NO grains to remain whole.

fixed that for ya :)

Looks pretty much like mine, you may go half a turn tighter, but other than that, you look good sir!

Thanks, guys! Great to know. I basically did it with the "tighten until you're scared, then tighten a bit more" mantra. Looks like it worked out. :) I'll have to see what kind of efficiency I'll pull from them now. Thanks again for all the help!

That looks way to coarse for BIAB.

Try it with a batch (your method) and see if you get decent efficiency and if you have any trouble draining the tun. If you like the efficiency, you're good. If the efficiency sucks, tighten it down some more. Then if you have trouble draining the tun, you have it a little too fine.

Back