New Brewhaus...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgbranch

Reaction score
Well, the SWMBO has booted me off the carport and out of the adjoining shed. So, my brewing partner Trey and I are moving North Doyle Brewing to the backyard.
My Mother in law lives next door and has used a building in the backyard to store a lot of crap. We decided to commandeer part of the building and transform it into a "Permanent" brewing area.

This is the former operation under the Carport.
Rye_IPA_BREWDAY006.JPG

The "Near" future home of our brewing operation. (Before cleanup)
future_brewhaus2.JPG

future_brewhaus3.JPG

After Cleanup and middle table removed.
future_brewhaus5.JPG

future_brewhaus_4.JPG

We are cutting out a lot of that table that runs around the perimeter of that area. One corner in the back will get walled in and used for storage using some of the table we cut out.
We are closing in the front (Facing the house) and putting in a door. I love my dogs but I have 8. Just makes me nervous when I am brewing. Then we will be running water via PVC where we think we will need it.
Right now we believe we will use sheets of Tin for the walls but havent decided for sure. The goal is to reuse as much as we can.
I just placed the order for a new March pump, hoses and Cam and Groove fittings as well.
And once we're moved and up and running we will be brewing 10 gallons of Ed's Haus Pale Ale.
More to come.....

Well, you have plenty of room, and a nice roof to keep you dry on rainy days. You could put up some walls for shelter from the wind. Otherwise, I think you mad out like a bandit with the new brewhouse!!

We hope to have it walled in entirely in time. I may leave a window in the back to see the pond. The ducks fly in and outa there and it is a trip to watch them land. Some land better than others.
We will also be using the area to boil crawfish and cook meat so the space will be nice. There is a building next to this one that is enclosed. The fermenting refridgerators will go in there. It will mean a small walk with the carboys but it shouldnt be to bad.

Sorry, they were there and then, suddenly, they wouldn't load. Now I am getting an error message when I try to reload. I will check back and try to get the images back in there.

I think everyone is missing whats wrong in this thread. You live next door to your mother in-law? I thought I was the only dumb schmuck. I only did it for the investment oppurtunity. At least thats what I like to tell myself to ease the pain.

I feel your pain. She is a half sand wedge from my house.
Putting up the privacy fence helped. But.....
I caught her looking in my bedroom window one day. So, I dropped trow and gave her a pressed ham. It worked.
But, back to the thread.....
I see the pics are working again. Not sure what happened.
That is what we are working with. It has electricity and running water. Just gotta make it happen.......

I think everyone is missing whats wrong in this thread. You live next door to your mother in-law? I thought I was the only dumb schmuck. I only did it for the investment oppurtunity. At least thats what I like to tell myself to ease the pain.

LOL, my mother in-law lives 185 miles away and I still think thats way to close!

Latest posts

Back