New Brewer in NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpsGuy68

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Just started home brewing over the past year. I am still learning the basics and trying to work the kinks out of my process. This site has already helped me with several questions. I've done 5-gallon batches (extract with steeping grains) for English Ale, Oatmeal Stout, and a Porter. I am thinking about doing an IPA next.

You are lucky. You must have a lot of resources and selection in the Charlotte area. In my area, the choices are pretty slim. That is part of the reason I got into home brewing, so that I could try a lot of different beer styles. Otherwise, I have to travel 90 minutes to get a good selection of beer. My fellow employees bought me a Mr. Beer kit in a vain effort to stop my whining. All's it seem to do was propel me head first down a slippery slope of a very addictive hobby.

Yes i am lucky. type in homebrew.com into your browser and it takes you to my local homebrew store. There are places around that have good selection, but the pure joy of brewing and the cost of a pint at the flying saucer definitely keep me in the brewing game.

Latest posts

Back