New brewer in Cary, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guy's, since you are in the Cary area... I am staying at the Umstead Hotel on business in two weeks and was trying to find a good brew pub to have dinner and sample some good local beer. What can you recommend thats close to that hotel??? Would really appreciate it.

If you are here over the weekend I would try to go to Carolina Brewing Company in Holly Springs. They have an awesome tour on Saturdays.

If you are only here through the week I would make it to Boylan Bridge Brew Pub. They have decent beer and okay food. There is also Flying Saucer which carries most local beers.

crap. I read your message wrong. I thought you were here NOW and staying for a couple days.

If you're coming in a couple of weeks, that rocks. If you want to meet some local HBT members, let me know. I can whip up a crowd by just whistling out the window. :D

Walker, everytime i see your profile pic, i keep thinking i'm going to come to one of these get-togethers and you're going to look like your picture LOL. I enjoyed the santa hat you gave it over the holidays.

Walker, everytime i see your profile pic, i keep thinking i'm going to come to one of these get-togethers and you're going to look like your picture LOL. I enjoyed the santa hat you gave it over the holidays.

I normally put on a little more makeup than this when we have our shindigs.

j/k

You can see the real me if you look at my profile.

edit: you just reminded me that I failed to fancy it up for Valentine's Day like I do for other special days. Crap. No time right now. Maybe next year.

Welcome to the area. I'm in Apex off of 1010 as well. There are a lot of great folks around here, some of whom even brew beer between insults :D.

As Walker said, if you give us a little notice we can get together a group and meet up for a beer or 10.

Chad

Doh! Just realized that I was replying to two different posters. Ah well, it still works. Demon, welcome to the area. EC, give us a heads up when you're going to be in town.

The Cherry Bomb grill in downtown raleigh (a 15 min drive) has awesome food, and 66 drafts on tap.

Geeez... they sure did stick you in a crappy hotel, didn't they. :D

Just down the road from you (away from the highway and towards downtown Cary) is the Harrison Bar and Grill. 301 N Harrison Ave.

It's not a brewpub (they don't brew themselves), but they are part of a local chain of places (http://beerandburgers.com/) that are scattered around the grater raleigh area. They usually have a decent selection of stuff and the food is decent.

Here's a link straight to their beer list:
http://beerandburgers.com/HarrisonsBarGrill/BeerList.aspx

edit: if it weren't valentine's day, I'd meet you there.

If you want to venture further from the hotel, it really doesn't take a lot of time to get to downtown Raleigh since you are right there off I-40. Several breweries downtown, two of which (Boylan Bridge and Natty Greene's) serve food.

Yeah, that hotel is pretty fancy... I'm gonna have to get the old suit out for this one. lol.
Thanks for the recomendations, I dont even know if we will have a car yet but that Harrisons Bar and Grill seems close enough. If we decide to venture farther out I will hit you guys up again. :mug:

crap. I read your message wrong. I thought you were here NOW and staying for a couple days.

If you're coming in a couple of weeks, that rocks. If you want to meet some local HBT members, let me know. I can whip up a crowd by just whistling out the window. :D

That would be cool, but sounds like trouble... heh. I may never make it to my meeting. :tank:

That would be cool, but sounds like trouble... heh. I may never make it to my meeting. :tank:

Full disclosure: We had a guy come to town a few years ago and he ended up getting pulled over in a speed trap and had his car impounded at 12:30am.

You've been warned.

Back