Hello Friends

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BR-549

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I first started home brewing in the mid 1990's and after about five years gave it up due my busy work schedule and all the traveling I did. Back then the options were; talk to the "brewmaster" at the local shop (which wasn't all that local), hope to run into someone else who had experience with the hobby or read and read a lot. Then try to make the right adjustments if there were problems.

Now it seems the struggle is the overwhelming wealth of available information via the internet, YouTube and forums. Some good and some maybe not so good. After skimming through some of the various forums for a few days this one seems to be best suited for me.

I kegged my first batch last Sunday and have been sampling it, well maybe a bit more than sampling, every day since. It seems it has improved every day. Perhaps more today than the first two. I guess you would call it a New Castle clone of sorts..... extract kit. Its okay, but as we all do I want to make better beer. I also brewed a batch of milk stout that is still fermenting in stage one. I have one more extract kit to brew which is an oatmeal stout and while it is fermenting hopefully I will be able to build a mash tun and be pretty much ready to convert to all grain brewing. I am excited about the switch... it has to be better.

I am sure I will have plenty of questions that I can get answered here, whether through old threads or new ones or just through conversation.

Lastly,

I reside in Western Ohio about 45 mins. north of Dayton although I hail from Indiana (women, lol). Other hobbies include hunting (deer and Colorado elk), crafting longbows from harvested hardwoods which I am still learning how to do.... and probably my favorite hobby is cooking/ BBQ. I guess that fits in well with brewing beer huh.

I apologize for the long post, I just wanted to give you all a sense of who I am. Looking forward to meeting members and making new friends along with growing as a home brewer.

Cheers,

Scott

Welcome. You will find answers to all your brewing questions here. All grain takes a bit more time... but I enjoy it.
Cheers

I absolutely love Colorado... if I was single I would throw my dog and my gun in the truck and drive west.... Wyoming too for that matter.

Thank you two for the welcome. I have to learn the quirks of the forum to be able to quote and respond. Surely that will be a shallow learning curve. Lets see, uhh.... little sigma tilda er... well.... carry on. Chat with you soon I hope.

Back