New brewer in arnold md

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russrob81

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Fairly new to brewing. Got a Mr. Beer kit a few years ago. Brewed 3 kits, enough to know its fun and addicting and you need ALOT of patients. My buddy also got into it and got a basic 5 gallon starter kit. We've made 2 extract recipes so far, neither ready to drink yet. Sunday made a Scottish wee heavy and yesterday found we needed a bigger airlock in the fermenter the hard way. It spit out then popped the lid off. I hope it's ok kind of nervous. Want to do an all-grain recipe next but don't want to spend much money on a mash tun at local brew shop. Interested in the cooler mash tuns seen on you tube. Any tips on those would be appreciated. Look forward to this awesome forum lots of great threads and cool people. Happy brewing

Welcome to the craft. I grew up in Arnold and now live in B'more. You should be excited to make the move to all grain. I bought a 10 gallon round cooler from Home Depot, Ball Valve Kit from BargainFittings.com and couldn't be happier with the investment. I think it saves me about $10 a brew, and now that I just got a grain mill Im probably looking at $15-$20 savings per brew between Extract and AG.

There are some helpful threads on cooler conversions here on HBT. I have converted both a 5 gallon and 10 gallon. Its the same process regardless of size for the most part. I got all my parts at local hardware store and the cooler from lowes. You may also want to try craig's list. People get rid of coolers all the time.

Latest posts

Back