New Brewer from Lake County, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RealityRandy

Reaction score
Just wanted to get started on this forum and introduce myself. I started brewing this spring with a buddy of mine who has brewed before, and after our first beer together (Saison) I purchased a Grainfather at the recommendation of a different friend.
Since then we’ve brewed several beers together and today I finished my first solo brew, although we did team up on the recipe. The brewing process is going well for me, but I definitely need to learn how to develop my own recipes. I’m sure I can learn a lot here and look forward to talking with some of you guys.
Randy

Hey Randy,

Welxom to the community and obsession! Diving inhead first with that grainfather! Recipe development isn't too difficult of a task to learn.

If you want some reading on the subject I would go with Radical Brewing by Mosher and Designing Great Beers by Daniels. Both have definitely influenced my recipe development and I learned a lot from both books!

:mug:

Hey Randy,

Welxom to the community and obsession! Diving inhead first with that grainfather! Recipe development isn't too difficult of a task to learn.
If you want some reading on the subject I would go with Radical Brewing by Mosher and Designing Great Beers by Daniels. Both have definitely influenced my recipe development and I learned a lot from both books!

:mug:
Sammy,
Thanks for the tips! I’m also still unsure about a lot when it comes to adding different ingredients to the beer, and how introducing different things at different times changes the result.
Braconniere,
Yeah a few people gave me forewarnings haha

Randy

Back