New Brewer From Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonwest

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the art of home brewing. It is something I have been interested in for a few years now, but I wasn't really sure where/how to start. I recently helped(watched) a friend of mine start a beer and two wines, and I was amazed how easy it all seemed.

Armed with a basic knowledge I started my first batch last weekend. I started a 5 gal. cherry wine, and 3 different 3 qt. hard ciders. So far, it all looks great. I found this site when I started looking for recipes for my next batch, and I have spent the last two days reading threads and absorbing information.

This forum is a great resource for any new brewer, and I'm glad I found it. I'm looking forward to learning and maybe even sharing recipes and techniques.

Thanks,

Jon

Welcome.
Not sure where you are located but great fermentations located south of fishers is a great home brewer supply place to get started. They helped me get my first extract brewing kit together.
They have decent prices on beer kits too.

Welcome to Home Brew Talk and the passion of home brewing.

My SWMBO is from Bedford and my step daughter and her 3 kids lived in Springville until just recently (now live with us in Michigan). Nice area there, always enjoyed that area of Indiana. Spent lots of time there as a former employer had plants in Vincennes, Mooresville and Frankfort.

Welcome to the hobby/obsession! Great fermentation's is a great place to start, they also helped me out on my first home brew.

Back