New Brew Dude!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthBounds

Reaction score
New guy here from Florida. I caught the homebrew bug big time and found the forum while looking for answers to common problems.

I'm on my 4th extract kit with a few modifications. I have a pretty simple 5 gallon brew setup but I made up for that with a sweet dual tap kegerator.

So far my beers are turning out good. Most friends prefer it to my "guest taps". I'm looking to graduate to all grain next year so I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Until then - cheers to my new forum friends!

New guy here from Florida. I caught the homebrew bug big time and found the forum while looking for answers to common problems.

I'm on my 4th extract kit with a few modifications. I have a pretty simple 5 gallon brew setup but I made up for that with a sweet dual tap kegerator.

So far my beers are turning out good. Most friends prefer it to my "guest taps". I'm looking to graduate to all grain next year so I'm sure I will have lots of questions. Until then - cheers to my new forum friends!
Welcome brother. The bug catches us all pretty hard in this forum. You’ll learn a lot here. Also don’t worry about have simple equipment, you can brew extraordinary beers with simple equipment! (I literally have an Igloo cooler mash tun, a turkey frier propane set up, 15 gal kettle and some large mouth caeboys to ferment. My kegging equipment was the my most expensive part of my brew setup.) process will always trump equipment.

Anyway, again welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'll pass along what I learn...at least we will get some good laughs out of it!

1st all grain batch is in the fermenter! It was a wild ride but I see bubbles, therefore we have beer on the way. A few fun laughs for you guys that know:

1. I did the whole thing in one boil kettle because I forgot to get the BIAB...uggh. Pretty funny scooping grain out with a strainer and steeping bag.
2. Now I know why mash tuns are insulated...temp was all over the place. Wife wasn't happy with stolen blankets after I figured this out.
3. The new boil kettle (15 gallon) is really heavy which made for a ridiculous effort to cool via an ice bath. I now understand the need for wort chillers.

So I have a little shopping and a little more reading before round 2. But what a ride!

Back