New belgium/ alpine beer company super IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cknittle

Reaction score
Was making my rounds at the local total wine when I walked into the self serve leg cooler and found a box that said Limit 1 per customer. And found this. The label on the backside of the bottle says its an imperial IPA. 9%abv. Columbus, amarillo, centennial, ad since hops. Wonderful flavor, nothing that my palate can pick up specifically though. I asked the clerk and they said they could only get 2 cases of bombers in and it's gone.

image-3952814997.jpg

It's pretty incredible. I had it on tap last week, and bought 3 bottles today. It's unbelievably Pliny-like. No surprise, it uses the exact same hops Pliny uses.

My tastes pick up a pinch more Amarillo in this than PTE, but not much.

Short version:
Review: See Pliny the Elder reviews. Add 1% ABV and about 10% more Amarillo character
Clone recipe: See the PTE clone. Add a pound more 2-row, and 1oz Amarillo at the finish. ( the current PTE recipe already has Amarillo in the dry hop)

It's damn good.

Latest posts

Back