New beer for kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepGuy

Reaction score
I've got an empty keg in my kegerator. I've decided to quit getting the BMC just to please my friends. I'm gonna get something that I like this time around. I'm going to have to ask the liquor store to order it in for me special I'm sure. I can get Boulevard beer, but that's available at almost every place I go for a beer any way. I'm thinking of maybe getting the Breckenridge Avalanche or possibly Blue Moon, but those are the only 2 I can think of right now for some reason, that I think I can get a keg of. I need some help....Mostly I'm just looking for you all to throw out some ideas of what I can get in a keg that is considered "better than BMC".

Any ideas? Lets hear 'em.

EDIT: Sorry, I know this is pretty much another "What should I brew?" thread, but I'm struggling all of a sudden to simply come up with commercial beers that I like and would be good for summer months.

JeepGuy said:
I've got an empty keg in my kegerator. I've decided to quit getting the BMC just to please my friends. I'm gonna get something that I like this time around. I'm going to have to ask the liquor store to order it in for me special I'm sure. I can get Boulevard beer, but that's available at almost every place I go for a beer any way. I'm thinking of maybe getting the Breckenridge Avalanche or possibly Blue Moon, but those are the only 2 I can think of right now for some reason, that I think I can get a keg of. I need some help....Mostly I'm just looking for you all to throw out some ideas of what I can get in a keg that is considered "better than BMC".

Any ideas? Lets hear 'em.

EDIT: Sorry, I know this is pretty much another "What should I brew?" thread, but I'm struggling all of a sudden to simply come up with commercial beers that I like and would be good for summer months.

Damn, your possibilities are just about endless. What do you like the most?

If I were going to buy a full keg of something, I'd personally go with a good hefeweizen or a pale ale. Chances are the your BMC swilling buds would most likely be able to adapt to one of these as well, if you still want to keep them somewhat happy. If you really don't care, you can pick just about anything you want.

If you want variety, alot of microbreweries will let you special order a 5-gal corny of their beers. If you want a smaller keg that you can change out more often, this might be the way to go.

Back